Mortgage Affordability Calculator

Correct as of 30 September 2022

LTV Changed from 60% to 55%

TDSR Changed from 3.5% to 4%

Want to know if you can afford your DREAM HOME? Use our mortgage affordability calculator to see how much loan you can take according to TDSR.

Mortgage Affordability Calculator

Maximum Loan Eligibility Calculator (TDSR)

Affordability Calculator

Find out the maximum amount you can loan and what you can afford to buy. Affordability Calculator is based on private residential property.

Main Applicant
Eg; 35
Eg; 8,000
Eg; 5,500
Joint Applicant (if any)
Eg; 35
Eg; 8,000
Eg; 5,000
Total Debt Servicing Ratio (TDSR)

*Max Loan Amount can be increased using other legal funding techniques if required. Contact us for more information.
*Max Loan Amount is based on assumption that you currently do not have any other existing housing loan.
^The results provided by this calculator assume the accuracy of the users inputs and are based on corresponding rules and regulations as set out by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS). The results are provided as a general basis for information and does not constitute an approval from any bank or financial institution. Results as indicative and for illustrative purposes. Any person acting upon or in reliance of this information does so entirely at their own risk. No warranty whatsoever is given and no liability is accepted by us behind this calculator for any loss arising directly or indirectly as a result of any action or omission made in reliance of any information presented herein at any time.

Mortgage Affordability Calculator Tutorial

Want to learn how to use the app? watch our tutorial below!

The mortgage affordability calculator only calculates how much loan you can borrow from the bank based on Total Debt Servicing Ratio (TDSR) framework by MAS.

TDSR is based on 55% of your income with a loan tenure of (65-age) and at 3.5% interest rate.

Do take note that this may not reflect the amount you can borrow from the bank for a property as there is a second formula. The Loan-to-Value Ratio. You can only take up to a maximum of 75% loan of a property. The remaining 25% has to be paid using cash or CPF.

Eg. although according to TDSR you can borrow $1.5m from the bank, however if you purchase a $1m property, you can only take a maximum loan of $750,000.

To find out the monthly mortgage, you have to use our second calculator. 

Click here for our mortgage calculator.

Share the Knowledge!